Melott Family

Melott Family

Sweet S Adoption Fund

Monday, January 6, 2014

Missing her today....

How do you miss someone you've never even met?  How do you long to hear a giggle or see a smile from someone you've never heard or seen?

I'm having a sense that someone is missing form our home this morning.  Hearing the girls chatter, play, sing and do school is bringing on an extreme longing in me today to have our daughter home.

There are two families who are currently in Ind*a picking up their daughters.  I LOVE following their blogs (you can too here and here).  These families who are traveling have become an incredible source of encouragement to me during the wait to bring S home.  I love seeing their pictures of first meetings and the sights of their daughters' birth country.  Reminds me that I am a child of the Sovereign God who will, in His time, work out the details for us to get on a plane to bring S home to her forever family.  Until then, I will rejoice with those who are uniting with their children for the first time.

We were able to send a package of small gifts to S's orphanage for the holidays.  I tracked the package today and it has still not made it there, but I am anxious for the children and caregivers to receive the gifts.  It, in some small way, makes me fee connected to her a little more to know that she could be playing with a toy that we sent.

I hope you are all having a great start to 2014! 









1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, Scott, the girls and S today...that God will reveal His perfect plan for your lives! Watching you in this journey that you are embarking on, makes me proud to be your friend and your sister in Christ. You exemplify the love of Christ!!! Love you dearly!!!

    ReplyDelete