Melott Family

Melott Family

Sweet S Adoption Fund

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Team Melott

Today was the 3rd annual Chosen Marathon for Adoption.  This was my third year to run the race, but our first year to have a team of our own.  Although I LOVE the family that I have run for in the past, there is something different, amazing, indescribable, priceless when you are running to bring your own child home!  When I crossed the finish line and saw Scott, I burst into tears.  The emotion was too much to hold inside.  Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you to Team Melott (minus a few who had already left or were still out on the course):

These fine, fine friends and family all ran in support of our family.  Isn't that amazing?  We serve a mighty God who places the desire on people's hearts to defend the orphans of the world and help them find their forever families.  The proceeds from this race will go straight towards our adoption costs.

And, since the national bird of Ind*a is a peacock and since I love an excuse to "dress up" a little, a few of us wore these fun little tutus for the race..we couldn't resist.

Fun, right?

So, next time you think you CAN'T run/walk 13.1 miles, just remember the orphans of the world and I'm willing to bet that HE can get you through it.

Blessings,
Jessica


2 comments:

  1. Oh my word....I want a tutu like that. And Jessica, did you run the WHOLE THIRTEEN MILES?????? I am still huffing and puffing to run 2. :) Congratulations....and I can't even imagine what the emotion was like crossing that finish line!!!! I cannot wait for the day when you are running that race with a jog stroller, and your little girl in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!!! You're Mer's friend who gave her the super cute peacock tutu! How fun to find your blog. :o) I teared up reading your race post -- my husband ran a marathon for a fundraiser for us, and it was just the same. We were so emotional and grateful for the people who gave for our daughter. Congratulations on a successful race!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete